Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Off they go!

Porter and Pace started their day in a slight drizzle. The temperature was in the 40's and it was seriously foggy as they climbed the approach trail to Springer Mountain.

Access to the beginning of the Appalachian Trail is by foot from Amicalola Falls State Park. Dreamer hiked 1 mile up to Amicalola Falls with the guys. It was foggy but the falls were still very pretty. I said goodbye to my husband Porter and asked them to watch out for each other. They promised they would. It was hard to say goodbye but I look forward to seeing them on Thursday before I head back to New York. Porter will be 47 on 3/31 so we have some celebrating to do!

Spot seems to be working and I received two "I'm okay." messages from them. Once I get back to New York and have better internet capabilities I will upload pictures that were taken their first week. It should be interesting to hear about their initial travels.


Till later,
Dreamer a/k/a Ground Control



Starting the AppalachianTrail


Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures

2 comments:

  1. WOW they are on their way.... Thanks for your in put Dreamer really appreciate it.

    All the best,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike - it's MEKA from Saint Rose - sending you good wishes from Somewhere over the Rainbow - Kansas City, MO
    Marybeth Kelly

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't registered on this blog, please be sure to leave your first name when you leave a comment. Thanks!