Monday, May 16, 2011

Sham Wow Orange...Billy Idol White

Porter and Pace drove to Arlington, VA, just outside of Washington D.C. for the weekend for a visit with Dreamer and Burps (Liz). They rented a car and I met Porter at a Marriott outside of Arlington. I was mighty surprised when I heard my name called as I approached the hotel and saw this.

Porter's attempt to go blond turned him "Sham Wow" orange!A/K/A Damascus Blond

My jaw seriously dropped, my eyes bugged out, and I covered by mouth. GASP...what happened to my husband??? For the past two weeks I didn't receive any pictures of Porter but didn't think much about it because Pace said that he wasn't able to upload his pictures. The real reason was that Porter thought it would be fun to surprise me with his new hair color. Well he sure did!

Porter was telling everyone on the trail that one year I went from a brunette to a platinum blond. We were meeting in New York City for the weekend where Porter was working and I thought I would surprise him. It was like a bad sitcom. He was waiting for me to come off the train and surprise me at the station. He saw a blond with a red shirt on that looked like me, but hey, it couldn't be, her hair was blond not brown. Needless to say we kept crossing paths not seeing each other until we arrived at the hotel in separate taxis. My taxi was right behind his but I still missed him because he ran into the hotel before me thinking I must already be there. I saw him run in but couldn't catch up with him before he disappeared within. With that in mind, Porter visited a salon in Damascus, VA and went "blond."

When a brunette goes blond it doesn't always come out the way you expect. His hair was Sham Wow orange! He walked around like that for two weeks and everyone, including Porter, had a good time laughing at his hair. How the "hair dresser" could have let him walk out with orange hair is beyond me, but I guess that is what you get when you only pay $15!!! That should have been his first clue it wouldn't turn out good.

I decided he needed to get it fixed so off to the salon we went to turn him into a Billy Idol want-a-be.

Before


Don't try this at home kids!
Now he knows what women go through.


Porter's heroine... Jenny Vo of Bubbles Salon, Fairfax, VA


Billy Idol blond...at least it's not ORANGE! Porter and Dreamer.
Now Porter will let his hair grow out. He will have the funky dark roots and white tips before we know it. I just hope he doesn't dye it blue or some other strange color. As you can tell, Porter doesn't take himself too seriously. It's great to feel good in your own skin.

Tomorrow, more about Pace and I'll share more pictures he took. There are lots of great shots.

Happy Trails,

Ground Control, a/k/a Dreamer

Porter and Pace Appalachian Trail 5/16/11

Share your Adventures with SpotAdventures

1 comment:

  1. LOL...that is hysterical! Nothing like Sham Wow Orange hair. I tried that once...but my black hair turned a dark purple; my parents were not thrilled. Hahahaha!

    Good to know the guys are doing well and that everyone had a good weekend. I'm sure you were happy to see them Dreamer.

    Keep up the blog and I can't wait to see Pace's photos.

    Best to everyone,
    Mike G.

    ReplyDelete

If you aren't registered on this blog, please be sure to leave your first name when you leave a comment. Thanks!